DANDELION WISHES

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Why?




Why "Dandelion Wishes"? Growing up in Melbourne, Australia on of the significant memories I have is picking wild, fluffy dandelions and making a wish as the delicate seed pods floated off through the air! What a magical sight that was to my innocent eyes!

Other fond memories of the floral kind include finding buttercups, also growing wild and using them to see if we liked butter? The reflection we got always confirmed that we were mad for butter! Who isn't?

Daisies were another favourite 'flower'- many a sunny, summer afternoon was spent making daisy chains from both wild, weedy ones and the bigger more robust ones found growing in a neighbour's garden. My friends and I would then proudly wear them around our necks like a diamond necklace or pretend we were a princess with a new sparkling tiara!

I don't suppose any children do these things anymore! And I bet they don't know what they are missing out on!




No comments: