DANDELION WISHES

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain

Friday, May 28, 2010

A Sewing Holiday!


My dearly loved Brother Sewing Machine is off on holiday! It is well overdue for a service.
So with other pressing matters, which I get well paid for, I have decided to take a break from machine sewing.
(There's always my English Paper Pieced Pie Quilt by Sue Daley to work on!)

My machine hasn't missed a beat in so long, I don't really want to jinx myself.
Also I want to have it in tip top condition because I am getting ready to tackle some basic machine quilting.
- All in the name of completing some UFO's lurking in my cupboards!
Here is a rather poor photo of my sewing machine cover. It's a bit of a tight fit but it lives permanently over the hard case and, I think, looks quite pretty.

The flowers are fused and blanket stitched.
This cover was made many years ago from a pattern in Homespun magazine (if I remember correctly).
And this is a close up of my sewing mat.

It was also made from Australian patchwork magazine about the same time.

Cheers,

Suz

No comments: