DANDELION WISHES

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Latest Creations

Thought I'd share with you what I have been working on recently.

I decided to do some cross stitch while I was away, as I am participating in an embroidery bee.
Not sure what this will become, but I did enjoy the challenge of using linen, rather than aida.


This is a needle case which I have also made for a swap. I managed to put it together today,completely from start to finish, on this wet, Melbourne Sunday!

Gotta love that!

I'm not going to put it on my flickr page just yet, don't want to spoil the surprise. I think I will post it off and then wait til it's arrived!

The color is not quite true; it is a little brighter than this! There is also a sneak peak of the pink, dotty spot inside!

Below is a close-up of the bee I purchased on my recent trip to Paris. (Glad I bought two!) I think it adds something special to the needle case. I hope the recipient likes it!

I even managed some simple hand quilting before I finished it off.

Have a great day,

Suz

2 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

lovely sweet needlecase. I like the bee on it, makes it special!

Deanna said...

The needle case is beautiful. Your recepient is sure to be pleased as the bees knees.